As we approach the end of 2022, it’s time to start preparing for a brand new tournament series on PokerStars, this time in celebration of the upcoming New Year.
Today we can announce details of the New Year Series, 334 tournaments played over the 24 days that turn 2022 into 2023.
The New Year Series runs from December 25 of this year, 2022, through January 17 of next year, 2023.
There’s $40 million in guaranteed prize pools through the series, including $3.75 million for the Main Events, which will be played over three buy-in levels from January 15-17.
Along the way, there’s everything you can expect from a major PokerStars tournament series — tournaments in pretty much every variant, with buy-ins from as little as $2.20, through to a $10K High Roller.
There’s also a 2023-themed special event, taking place on January 1.
Main Events (Jan 15-17, 2023)
- $109 buy-in – $1 million guaranteed
- $1,050 buy-in – $1.25 million guaranteed
- $5,200 buy-in – $1.5 million guaranteed
2023 themed events (January 1, 2023)
- $20.23 buy-in – $400K guaranteed
- $202.30 buy-in -$1 million guaranteed
- $2,023 buy-in – $400K guaranteed
- $109 buy-in Big Christmas Edition – December 25 – $125,000 guaranteed
- $109 buy-in Big New Year Edition – January 1 – $125,000 guaranteed
- High Roller Week – Starting January 8 with events including $5,500 buy-in Titans, $10,300 buy-in Super Tuesday, and $5,200 buy-in Thursday Thrill
- $55 buy-in Women’s event – January 15 – $10,000 guaranteed
- $215 buy-in PLO Main Event – January 15 – $200,000 guaranteed
Most of the 140 events have the now traditional low, medium and high buy-in levels, meaning there is something for players of all levels.
The Christmas and New Year period is usually hectic, but here’s your excuse to step away and lose yourself in a brilliant tournament series.
“We’re excited to round off the year and ring in 2023 with the New Year Series,” said Chris Straghalis, Director of Online Poker Experience at PokerStars. “We wanted to bring the holiday cheer to our PokerStars community with a range of buy-ins and plenty on offer.”